Makes 10 servings
- 113 g carrots, cut into julienne
- 113 g celery, cut into julienne
- 113 g leeks, light green and white parts only, cut into julienne
- 57 g butter
- Salt, as needed
- Ground black pepper, as needed
- In a large stock pot, blanch the carrots, celery, and leeks separately in boiling salted water, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain, shock in an ice water bath, and drain again.
- Heat the butter in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the vegetables (by individual servings or batches) and season with salt and pepper. Toss or stir until the vegetables are evenly coated with the butter and very hot.
- Serve immediately.