- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salmon roe
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- In a small bowl stir together yogurt and scallions. Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices and in a large saucepan of boiling salted water cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain potatoes and return to pan. Stir in all but 2 tablespoons yogurt mixture with salt and pepper to taste and keep warm, covered. Into remaining yogurt mixture stir salmon roe.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer beat whites with a pinch salt until they just hold soft peaks. In another bowl whisk whole egg, yolk, flour, water, and salt to taste until frothy. Gently fold in whites.
- In a 10-inch non-stick skillet heat butter over moderately high heat until foam subsides, tilting skillet to coat bottom, and pour in half of egg mixture, tilting skillet to spread mixture evenly over bottom.
- Spoon half of roe mixture down center of omelet and cook, covered, over moderately low heat until eggs are just set, about 2 minutes. Gently loosen omelet with a rubber spatula and, tilting skillet, slide omelet onto a plate. Fold omelet into thirds over filling and keep warm while making 1 more omelet in same manner.
- Serve omelets with potatoes.