- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 ribs celery with leaves, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- Place all ingredients in a large stockpot with 10 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for at least 45 minutes (or up to 2 hours). Skim foam and fat occasionally from the surface.
- Strain the stock in a colander lined with a damp, double layer of cheesecloth into a large metal bowl. Discard solids.
- Let cool. Transfer to airtight storage containers and refrigerate for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.