Mishmash Soup Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups veggies such as carrot, celery, bell pepper, or zucchini, diced
- 6 cups vegan vegetable stock
- 1 (14-ounce) can chopped tomatoes or 2 diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can beans, preferably kidney, white beans, or pinto
- 1/2 teaspoon each of three different dried herbs, such as basil, sage, thyme, rosemary, parsley, or oregano
- 1/2 bunch fresh dill and 1 bunch parsley, bound with string
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Vegan crackers, toasted bread, croutons, or 1/2 cooked rice or quinoa
- In a large pot, saut. onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the veggies and cook until they soften, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the vegetable stock, tomatoes, beans, dried herbs, and bundle of dill and parsley. Mix it all up and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove herb bundle.
- Serve with crackers, toasted bread, or croutons, or place cooked rice or quinoa in the bottom of each bowl and ladle the soup over it.