- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 5 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 cups finely ground millet flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dissolve yeast and honey in 1/4 cup of the water. Allow to proof and add the remainder of the water and the millet flour. Stir until smooth and then cover. Allow to stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Stir the batter well and mix in the baking soda.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter into the pan in a spiral pattern to cover the bottom of the pan evenly. Tilt the pan to quickly even out the batter. Cover the pan and allow to cook for about 1 minute. The bread should not brown but rather rise slightly and very easy to remove. It is cooked only on one side. This top should be slightly moist. Remove to a platter and cool. Stack the cooked breads on a plate.