Huevos Diablo Recipe
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium chipotle chili canned in adobo
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce, or to taste
- salt to taste
- 12 whole cilantro leaves, as a garnish
- See page 61 for how to prepare the hard boiled egg. Peel and slice the eggs into halves. Scoop the yolk out of the whites.
- Mince the chipotle pepper (with whatever sauce clings to it). In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, egg yolk and chipotle pepper. Taste to test for heat (and does it need salt); it should be quite mild at this point. Add more adobo sauce to taste. I generally need 1 or 2 more teaspoons worth. But feel free to add another chilies if you prefer (only 0.5g net carbs per Tbsp).
- Spoon or pipe the yolk mixture into the whites. Garnish each with a single, whole cilantro leaf.