Makes 10 servings
- 851 g romaine lettuce
- 6g garlic paste
- 5 anchovy fillets
- Salt, as needed
- Ground black pepper, as needed
- 105 mL pasteurized eggs (whole or yolks)
- 60 mL lemon juice, or as needed
- 150 mL olive oil
- 150 mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 142 g grated Parmesan, or as needed
- 425 g Garlic-Flavored Croutons
- Separate the romaine into leaves. Clean and dry them thoroughly. Tear or cut them into pieces, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For each serving, mash about o.6o g garlic paste, half an anchovy fillet, salt, and pepper into a paste in a wooden salad bowl. Add 10 mL egg and 5 mL lemon juice. Blend well. Add 15 mL of each oil, and whisk to form a thick dressing. Add 10 g grated Parmesan and 85 g of the romaine. Toss until coated.
- Serve immediately on a chilled plate. Garnish with 43 g croutons.