- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups butter, cut into large chunks
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 8 ounces crumbled cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly butter 2 muffin tins.
- Mix flour and baking powder together in a large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir buttermilk and bacon into flour mixture just until dough holds together.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and roll into an even thickness. Fold dough over itself a few times. Cut dough into circles using a cookie or biscuit cutter and arrange circles in the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the top rack until biscuits are lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.