Applesauce Pie Recipe
- 1 (8 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix the sweetened condensed milk with applesauce in a saucepan, and thin with apple juice. Whisk in cinnamon; bring to a boil. Beat the eggs in a bowl; whisk 1 tablespoon of the hot applesauce mixture into the eggs; whisk 1 more tablespoon of applesauce mixture into the eggs, and repeat, mixing in 1 tablespoon at a time, until about 1/3 of the applesauce mixture is whisked into the eggs. Return the egg mixture to the saucepan with the remaining applesauce mixture, and whisk until smooth. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake until the filling is set, about 1 hour; allow to cool before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.