- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups fresh lima beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 4 ears fresh corn kernels, cut from the cob
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in lima beans and salt, and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan heat tomatoes, sugar and remaining 1/2 cup butter. Cook until tomatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes into lima beans and add corn; cook 10 minutes more.