Spanish Trail Mix Recipe
- 2 cups whole natural almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1 cup 1/3-inch cubes dried apricots
- 1 cup 1/3-inch cubes pitted dates
- 1/2 cup 1/3-inch cubes smoked spanish chorizo (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup 1/3-inch cubes manchego cheese
- Ingredient info: Smoked paprika is available at some supermarkets, at specialty foods stores, and from . Smoked Spanish chorizo is a pork-link sausage flavored with garlic and spices. It's available at specialty foods stores and Spanish markets and from . Look for manchego cheese at supermarkets and specialty foods stores.
- Toast almonds in large dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant, occasionally shaking skillet, 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then smoked paprika and orange peel; toss. Remove from heat. Transfer almonds to bowl; cool. Toss with apricots, dates, chorizo, and cheese. DO AHEAD: can be made 2 days ahead. Cover; chill. Serve at room temperature.