Sesame Snow Peas Recipe
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed and strings discarded
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 scallion, sliced thinly on diagonal
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted lightly
- Cut snow peas on diagonal into long thin slices. Have ready a large bowl of ice and cold water. In a saucepan of boiling salted water blanch snow peas 15 seconds and drain in a colander. Immediately transfer snow peas to ice water to stop cooking and drain well. In a bowl toss snow peas with oil, scallion, sesame seeds, and salt to taste.