Salpicao Jalisco Recipe
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 bulbs garlic, peeled and sliced
- 3 pounds beef sirloin or top round, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry garlic until just beginning to turn golden; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add beef to the oil, and fry until browned on the outside. As the beef is browning, season generously with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Return the garlic to the pan, and cook until meat has reached your desired degree of doneness. It is best at medium to medium-well. Remove the beef to a serving dish using a slotted spoon.
- Mix the flour with about a cup of water, and pour over the drippings in the pan. Stir until smooth using a fork. Simmer over medium heat until thickened. Pour over the beef in the serving dish.