Rum Truffles Recipe
- 8 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate cake crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dark rum
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Place chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine cream and butter. Place over low heat, and bring to a boil. Pour over chocolate, and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in cake crumbs and rum. Set aside until firm, but not hard.
- Roll heaping teaspoons of chocolate mixture into balls, then roll in the chocolate sprinkles. Place on the prepared tray. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Serve in small paper cups.