Quick French Dip Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 4 equal parts, and split open
- 1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until caramelized and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add broth and bring to a simmer.
- Butter both sides of the bread and bake until lightly crisp and heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Place bread on 4 plates and arrange beef slices on bread. Pour a portion of the broth and onions into 4 small cups or bowls. Serve, spooning the onions over the beef and dipping the sandwiches in the broth.