Popcorn Macaroons Recipe
- 2 cups popped popcorn
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons granulated artificial sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheets. Place popped popcorn into a food processor or blender; grind into small kernels.
- In a large bowl, whip egg whites until frothy. Add baking powder, salt and cream of tartar; continue whipping to stiff peaks. Gradually mix in the sugar substitute. Fold in the popcorn pieces. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheets before removing.