Mojito Sorbet Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup grated lime zest
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups citrus-flavored sparkling water
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- Heat the water, sugar, and mint leaves in a saucepan over medium heat, and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes to extract the mint flavor. Set the mixture aside to cool, and strain out the mint leaves.
- Pour the cooled mint mixture, lime zest, lime juice, sparkling water, and rum into a bowl and mix well. Pour into the container of an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Serve immediately for a softer texture, or freeze in a sealed container for a harder sorbet. Let hard-frozen sorbet thaw a few minutes before serving.