Mint Meringues Recipe
- 2 Safeway SELECT Organic Large Egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. In large bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt until foamy. Continue beating at high speed and gradually pour in the sugar. Beat until whites hold stiff, glossy peaks.
- Add peppermint extract; beat an additional 30 seconds. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto a well-oiled cookie sheet. Bake for 1 hour, or until outside is dry and set.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.