Mini Cherry Pies Recipe
- 1 pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- 1 (15 ounce) can pitted sour cherries, drained
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Unroll the pie crusts, and cut 2 6-inch rounds from the dough; cut the remaining dough into 1/8-inch strips for a lattice crust. Fit the rounds into 2 5-inch mini pie dishes.
- In a bowl, stir together the cherries, tapioca, sugar, and almond extract; let the filling stand for 5 minutes to soften the tapioca. Stir the filling again, and spoon into the pie shells. Use the strips to weave a lattice crust on each pie, and pinch the crusts together.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crusts are golden brown and the filling is bubbling and thickened, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.