Mexican Atole Recipe
- 1/2 cup masa (corn flour)
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons piloncillo, brown sugar cones
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Place the masa, water, cinnamon and piloncillo in a blender. Blend until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the blender into a sauce pan and bring the mixture to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. When the mixture reaches a boil, turn the heat to low and continue to whisk for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour into mugs and serve hot.