Hibiscus Punch Recipe
- 4 quarts water
- 2 cups dried hibiscus flower pods (see note)
- 2 cups superfine sugar, plus more to taste
- Fresh hibiscus pods for punch cups or hibiscus flowers to float in punch bowl (optional)
- Add the water and dried hibiscus to a large nonaluminum Dutch oven. Cover and let stand at least 2 hours.
- Uncover the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve, discarding the solids. Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves. Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Pour into small cocktail glasses filled with ice. Garnish, if desired.