- 8 ounces saltine crackers
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken broth
- In a large bowl, combine the saltine crackers, celery, onion, eggs, parsley and pepper. Set aside.
- Measure the half-and-half into a small cup and stir in the cornstarch. Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in the half-and-half and simmer for a few minutes to thicken. The gravy will be somewhat thin.
- Pour hot gravy over the cracker mixture one cup at a time, stirring each time, until the dressing is moist but not soupy. Cover the bowl tightly with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.