- One 2-inch piece fresh ginger
- 4 cups water
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon brown rice syrup or pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
Prep time: 20 min • Yield: 4 cups
- Peel the ginger and slice it into coins about the thick-ness of a quarter.
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the ginger to the water and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the ginger tea and whisk in the brown rice syrup and cayenne.
- Strain the tea through a fine-meshed strainer into a mug, saving the remaining tea.