Makes 3.84 L
- 3.63 kg peeled, seeded, and medium-diced plum tomatoes
- 454 g small-diced green peppers
- 454 g small-diced, peeled cucumbers
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 240 mL red wine vinegar
- 480 mL olive oil
- Salt, as needed
- Ground black pepper, as needed
- 113 g small-dice tomatoes
- 113 g small-dice green peppers
- 113 g small-dice cucumbers
- Combine the tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, garlic, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper in a nonreactive container. Cover, refrigerate, and marinate overnight.
- Puree the marinated ingredients in a blender or food mill, working in batches if necessary. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Chill the soup thoroughly.
- Serve the soup in chilled bowls or cups and garnish each serving with diced tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers.