Fish Stock Recipe
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 pound cod fillets, cubed
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, quartered and sliced thickly
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine water, shrimp shells, fish, celery, onion, bay leaf, and salt and pepper in a large saucepan. Bring to rolling boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for approximately 1/2 hour or until fish falls apart.
- Strain broth thoroughly, and discard solids. Be especially careful to remove all bones. Use as directed in any recipe that calls for fish stock.