Dads BBQ Roast Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups yellow mustard
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes dry onion soup mix
- 1 (5 pound) beef rump roast
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard and onion soup mix. Lay out two long sheets of aluminum foil crosswise. Pat the roast dry, and place in the center of the foil. Generously coat the roast with the mustard mixture. Wrap the foil tightly around the roast, then apply one more piece of foil to really seal it in so that the roast can be rotated without all of the juices spilling out. This process may be done as early as the morning before.
- Prepare an outdoor grill for indirect heat. For charcoal, light the coals, then move to one side of the grill. For gas, light only one burner, and cook on the unlit side.
- Place the roast on the grill, and cover. Cook for about 2 hours, turning every 30 to 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature is at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Let stand for about 10 minutes before carving. Place on a deep serving plate before unwrapping so you can be sure to save the juices and mustard rub to slather on the beef slices.