- 1 pound dry whole-wheat noodles
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place noodles in the pot, cook 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the shallots, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, until tender but crisp. Remove vegetables from skillet, and set aside.
- Place the chicken in the skillet. Season with tarragon, salt, and pepper. Cook 10 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Return the vegetables to the skillet with the chicken. Mix in the half and half, Monterey Jack cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Continue cooking 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve over the cooked noodles.