Makes 3.84 L
- 3.63 kg chicken bones, cut in 3-in/8-cm lengths
- 4.80 to 5.76 L cold water
- 454 g medium-dice Standard Mirepoix
- 1 Standard Sachet d’Epices
- Rinse the bones under cool running water and place them in an appropriate size stockpot.
- Add the cold water to cover the bones by about 5 cm- Slowly bring to a simmer. Skim the surface as necessary.
- Simmer for 3 to 4 hours at approximately 82°C.
- Add the mirepoix and sachet and continue to simmer the stock 1 hour more, skimming as necessary and tasting from time to time.
- Strain the stock. It may be used now (degrease by skimming, if necessary) or rapidly cooled and stored for later use.