- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees FC). In 3-quart saucepan, melt Becel(R) Buttery Taste margarine over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and bring to a boil. Add broth and return to boil for 1 minute. Add herbs and black pepper. Remove from heat and stir in 4 oz. (125 g) cheese; set aside.
- Step 2: In 13×9-inch shallow casserole dish, lightly sprayed with non-stick spray, arrange of the potatoes in overlapping pattern. Stir cheese mixture and pour half over potatoes. Repeat with remaining potatoes and cheese mixture.
- Step 3: Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Combine remaining cheese and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over potatoes. Bake additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes