Cheese Quesadilla Recipe
- 2 low carb whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- Use a large nonstick skillet that can hold a tortilla easily. Heat the skillet to medium (or half way to medium high). Add a tortilla and let it get warm (about 1 minute) and remove (remember which side was up). Then warm the second tortilla for one minute and then flip it over.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the entire tortilla up to about 1/2 inch from the edge. Sprinkle the salsa over the cheese. I like to press out a bit of the liquid from the salsa.
- Add the second tortilla with warmed side now facing down. Once the bottom tortilla starts to brown, it's time to flip it. If you are skilled you can turn it with just a toss, or you can try a large spatula. But another way is to let it slide off onto a plate held in your hand, then turn the skillet upside down over the plate and then turn them both over and lift the plate out of the skillet and then brown that side of the tortilla a little bit.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut into 8 pieces. It is best to serve them right away. But if you are going to make extra batches, they can sit in a warm oven for a few minutes. If you plan on doing this then consider using pepper jack cheese and eliminate the salsa or serve the salsa on the side.