Campfire Hot Dogs Recipe
- 6 hot dogs
- 3 ounces yellow cheddar cheese, thinly sliced into 2-by-1/2-inch pieces
- 6 (.5 ounce) strips good-quality bacon
- 6 hot dog rolls
- Condiments, such as mustard, relish, ketchup
- Heat a charcoal grill to medium-high. Slice hot dogs lengthwise without completely cutting through. Fill with cheese. Beginning at one end, wind the bacon around each hot dog to cover completely.
- Place hot dogs on grill, cheese side down, and cook, covered, for 2 minutes. Uncover, and turn, cooking until the bacon is cooked through and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Place a hot dog in each roll, and top with desired condiments.