Cajun Gravy Recipe
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 1/2 cups warm water, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Place the green chilies into a blender, and process until smooth. Stir chicken bouillon granules and 1 cup water together in a saucepan, and bring to a boil, stirring until the granules have dissolved. Mix in the pureed chilies. Bring the sauce back to a boil over medium-low heat.
- In a bowl, whisk the remaining 1/2 cup of warm water with the flour until the mixture is smooth; whisk the flour slurry into the sauce. Bring the mixture back to a boil, whisking constantly until smooth and thickened, 2 to 5 minutes. Stir in onion powder and cayenne pepper. Serve hot.