- 3 pounds pork shoulder, trimmed and cubed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- sausage casings
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pork, garlic, salt and pepper. Place on a clean smooth surface and knead, knead, knead for at least 10 or 15 minutes. The longer you knead it, the more tender your sausage will be.
- Soak the sausage casings in water for 1 or 2 minutes. Rinse the casings by sliding over the faucet. Slide the casing all the way up onto the spout of a sausage stuffing funnel. Press meat through the funnel into the casing carefully so that no air bubbles get inside. Sausages should be plump. Twist periodically to form links.
- Place sausages in a large pot with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes. They can be frozen after cooling. Use as you would store bought Polish Sausage.