Baked Salami Recipe
- 1 (2 pound) whole salami, casing removed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle prepared barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Partially slice the salami into 1/4-inch thick slices, making sure the cuts do not go all the way through. Place the salami into the prepared baking dish, and bake for 1 hour. Drain off the grease.
- Mix the barbecue sauce and brown sugar together in a bowl, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Pour about 2 cups of the sauce over the salami, and retain the rest for basting. Return the salami to the oven and bake for 45 minutes more, basting occasionally with the reserved sauce. Serve on a platter with a knife so guests can cut their own slices.