Avocado Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 small avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Pour the water into a saucepan, and bring to a boil; stir in sugar until dissolved. Bring the syrup back to a boil, reduce heat, and boil gently until the syrup is reduced to 1 cup, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the avocados to your desired consistency, either smooth or chunky. Mix in the evaporated milk, 1% milk, and lime juice. Stir in the cooled sugar syrup until completely incorporated. Chill the mixture completely in the refrigerator, about 4 hours.
- Pour the chilled mix into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions; pack the ice cream into a lidded container, and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.